AC-DC Converter Equipment for Energy Storage (Energy Storage System) Enel Distribuzione Large Capacity Lithium-ion Energy Storage System
- Merits of introducing our product(s)
Relaxation of the system frequency and voltage fluctuations associated with introducing renewable energy
By an autonomous operation function that is capable of blackout start, it will become an emergency power supply during the mains failure
Capable of real time control from the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system.
The largest class of lithium ion battery system in Italy.
Background of Introduction
The introduction of renewable energy such as solar power generation and wind power generation has been promoted in Italy as an approach to the problems of global warming and depletion of fossil fuel. As a result, it is predicted that it will become difficult to adjust supply and demand and to secure power quality. Accordingly, we have provided a large capacity battery system in a substation to control and operate the system by cooperative control with unstable renewable energy and have been investigating its effective operation.
Characteristics of the large capacity lithium ion storage battery system
This system is the largest class of lithium ion storage battery system in Italy, and it has the following characteristics.
- 1. The storage battery capacity reaches 2 MWh. It can be operated at 2 MW for both charging and discharging.
- 2. The single system capacity of the lithium ion storage battery is 250 kWh (250 kW-1 h). By combining with 250 kVA PCS and controlling 8 systems in parallel, we implemented a system with 2 MW capacity. In addition to the system interconnection, the maximum output during the mains failure and autonomous operation is also 2MW.
- 3. The main functions are as follows.
- Peak shift / peak cut operation
- The power quality will be improved by autonomous voltage control system(AVCS). (adjustment of frequency and voltage fluctuations, dynamic voltage compensator, adjustment of the power factor) by self end control
- Autonomous operation function that is capable of blackout start (emergency power supply)
- LVRT (Low Voltage Ride Through) supported (following Italian system interconnection regulation CEI0-16)