Corporate PhilosophyCorporate Code of Conduct
1. Compliance with laws and regulations, and other social rules
We fully understand, respect, and comply with laws and regulations applicable to our business operations, as well as laws and regulations, customs, and any other social rules in and outside Japan and their underlying spirit. All our actions are underpinned by high corporate ethical standards and public decency.
2. Respect for human rights
We respect each individual and their fundamental human rights, and do not discriminate against any person because of their nationality, ethnic background, beliefs, gender, social class, or any other factors.
3. Environmental conservation
The Meiden Group's basic principle concerning the environment is "to contribute to humanity and society, and to help make the Earth a more pleasant place to live." We are committed to environmental management to realize a recycling-oriented society and our sustainable growth.
4. Cooperation with and contribution to society
As a member of the international society and local communities, we maintain a global perspective of respecting local cultures and customs, and so work together in harmony with each community throughout our business operations. We also contribute to society by participating in and supporting academic, cultural, and welfare activities.
5. Offering excellent safe and green products and services
Committed to developing advanced technologies, we accurately grasp the needs of society and we offer the safe and excellent products and services that win customers' trust.
6. Fair business dealings
We comply with the Antimonopoly Act, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act, the Act against Delay in Payment of Subcontract Proceeds, etc. to Subcontractors, and other laws applicable to trading to conduct fair business dealings.
7. Information management
- (1)We recognize the importance of personal information, management information, and information with proprietary value (including technical and sales information) that the companies in the Meiden Group, their Board of Directors and Executive Officers, and their employees have. Hence, we strictly manage such information, and will never use it inappropriately to benefit us or any third parties, or to inflict damage on the Company.
- (2)We respect the management information and proprietary information owned by outside entities, and thus we never illicitly acquire, leak, disclose, or use the information to benefit us or any third parties, or to inflict damage on outside entities.
- (3)We adhere to this code of conduct in the networked society, which is a product of advances in computer communication technologies, and comply with the rules of network use in order to follow public order and morality.
8. Information disclosure
To ensure that our corporate activities are transparent, and that stakeholders such as our customers, our shareholders, investors, and local communities have a correct understanding of and confidence in our business, we disclose our corporate overview at appropriate times in accordance with a pre-established set of rules.
9. Policy against antisocial behavior
- (1)We maintain a firm resolve against antisocial forces and organizations that threaten the order and safety of civil society.
- (2) We never act to provide unjust benefits or give favors to particular individuals and/or groups.
10. Code of gift-giving and business entertainment
- (1)We do not receive any gifts that go beyond the bounds of socially-accepted principles.
- (2)We give gifts to our customers and/or provide them with business entertainment only after ensuring that the gift-giving and/or entertainment is within societal norms.
- (3)Our employees never exchange unnecessary gifts.
11. Working environment
We provide a safe and pleasant working environment for our employees to help them feel comfortable and enriched in the workplace.