CareersPosition: Production Technician
|Reports to : Production Supervisor||Department : Production|
|NClassification: Non-Exempt, Full Time||Job Code:|
|Date : 11/02/2020||Approved by :|
The purpose of the Technician I is to complete all assigned tasks related to the assembly of products and to ensure all work is performed in a safe, timely and quality oriented manner that meets customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all assigned tasks in various departs of the facility
- Comply with all related procedures
- Interpret work instructions, drawings, wiring diagrams and quality control documents for each task assigned
- Successfully complete all required training as assigned
- Contribute to the continuous improvement efforts
- Safely operate necessary equipment to carry out assigned task
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge of hand tool use, material handling equipment
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Standing over 2/3 of time.
- Walking under 1/3 of time.
- Sitting under 1/3 of time.
- Talking over 1/3 of time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. under 1/3 of time.
- Hearing over 3/3 of time.
- Keyboarding under 1/3 of time.
- Close and color vision over 2/3 of time.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Reading and interpreting instructions over 3/3 of time.
- English and grammar usage skills over 2/3 of time.
Meiden America Switchgear, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.