CareersPosition: Test Technician
|Reports to : Quality Assurance Supervisor||Department : Production/Quality|
|Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time||Pay Range: $17 to $20 per hour|
The purpose of the Test Technician is to ensure fit, form and function of all products and service provided by Meiden America Switchgear by ensuring all testing and quality control activities are completed in a safe, timely and quality oriented manner that meets customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all assigned tasks within the test department
- Ensure compliance of all related procedures and standards
- Interpret work instructions, drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, and quality control documents to ensure product compliance
- Successfully complete all required training as assigned
- Actively seek out continuous improvement opportunities for production and safety
- Safely operate necessary equipment to carry out assigned task
- Take ownership of personal development
- Support other departments as needed
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
- High School Diploma or GED required, prefer 2-year technical degree, other combinations may be considered
- 1 or more years of experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple work centers or equivalent experience in similar field/li>
- Demonstrated knowledge of test equipment, hand tool use and material handling equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of product use, purpose, and function
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
- Able to interpret complex schematic diagrams and trouble shoot problems in circuits
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of quality management systems
- Understanding of and demonstrated use of LEAN concepts
- Effectively communicate problems and work with support groups to resolve
- Standing over 2/3 of time.
- Walking under 1/3 of time.
- Sitting under 1/3 of time.
- Talking over 1/3 of time.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. under 1/3 of time.
- Hearing over 3/3 of time.
- Keyboarding under 1/3 of time.
- Close and color vision over 2/3 of time.
- Reading and interpreting instructions over 3/3 of time.
- English and grammar usage skills over 2/3 of time.
Covid 19 Protocols:
Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Masks/face coverings required while inside the facility. Visitors/staff daily temperature checks are required. Social distancing, sanitizing, disinfecting, & cleaning procedures are in place.
Meiden America Switchgear, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.