CareersApplication Engineer Vacuum Circuit Breaker (VCB)
|Reports to : Manager of Design Section, Vacuum Circuit Breaker|
|Department : Design|
The Application Engineer is responsible for designing product solutions and applications to meet customer requirements for SF6 Free High Voltage Vacuum Circuit Breaker (VCB) Products. These environmentally friendly VCB’s are designed for new T&D applications as well as interfacing with existing substation design and distribution systems. In this role you will, provide design analysis, material and process selection, cost optimization, and engineering judgement to meet customer and all applicable IEEE, ANSI, Meidensha, and other standards that apply to our products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary point of contact for HV-VCB solutions and coordinate with the other resources to support switchgear T&D markets.
- Develop engineered solutions for customer projects while meeting all applicable standards.
- Interpret customer specification and develop schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Support Manufacturing in the procurement, assembly, and test of designed products.
- Manage New Product Development (NPD) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) projects to ensure on-time project completion and cost optimization.
- Investigate and implement approved design change requests per change control procedures.
- Support Manufacturing, assembly, and test operations to ensure product conformance.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials in Inventor, AutoCAD, VAULT, and SAP systems.
- Utilize 2-D and 3-D Modeling / Electrical Drafting to create wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Write and Edit Maintenance and Installation Instructions and documentation.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2D/3D CAD
- Knowledge of ANSI/IEEE Wiring ad Schematic Diagrams
- Training or dependence working with Inventor, Pro-E, Solidworks, or other 3-D modeling system
- Ability to read engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components and check the work of project designers to meet cost and quality requirements of finished products.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in engineering power systems and elementary circuit design. Combinations of other education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of key trends related to the T&D industry, our customers, and design software.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and cost drivers.
- Valid driver's license.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Masters’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with a manufacturer, distributor, large user of power distribution equipment or large user of power distribution equipment.
- Experience High Voltage switchgear or breaker design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes and process capabilities.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge and previous use of Autodesk Inventor modeling software.
- Knowledge of VAULT or other Product Data Management system.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
There is no relocation offered for this position. Only candidates that reside 50 miles of Gray Court, SC will be considered.
Meiden America Switchgear, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, medical conditions related to pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Covid 19 Protocols:
Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Masks/face coverings are required while inside the facility. Visitors and employees will conduct daily temperature checks. Social distancing, sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures are in place.