1. Basic policy
(1) Acquisition of Personal Data
When you visit our website, our web servers automatically record the IP address of your Internet service provider, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website you visit and the date and duration of your visit. This information is absolutely necessary for the technical transmission of the web pages and the secure server operation. A personalized evaluation of this data does not take place.
If you send us data via contact form, this data will be stored on our servers in the course of data backup. Your data will only be used by us to process your request. Your data will be treated strictly confidential. Your data will not be passed on to third parties.
(2) Management of Personal Data
Personal data is data about your person. This includes your name, address and email address. You also do not need to provide any personal information to visit our website. In some cases we need your name and address as well as further information to be able to offer you the desired service.
The same applies in the event that we supply you with information material on request or when we answer your enquiries. In these cases we will always point this out to you. In addition, we only store data that you have transmitted to us automatically or voluntarily.
When you use one of our services, we usually only collect the information that is necessary to provide you with our service. We may ask you for further information, which is voluntary in nature. Whenever we process personal information, we do so in order to provide you with our service or to pursue our commercial purposes. The data collected for the purpose of processing the inquiries and which are not in a business relationship will be deleted within one year.
(3) Utilization of Personal Data
When acquiring Personal Data, we will clarify the intended purpose of the utilization of the information, and use the information only to the extent necessary for achieving this purpose and performing our business.
(4) Provision of Personal Data
We will not disclose or provide Personal Data to any third parties except in the following cases:
- 1.When the affected person has given prior consent to the disclosure of his/her Personal Data;
- 2.When disclosure of such Personal Data is necessary to protect human life, safety, or property, but where it is difficult to obtain permission from the affected person for the use of such person's Personal Data;
- 3.When complying with laws and regulations;
- 4.When entrusting the handling of Personal Data to a third party to the extent that it is necessary to achieve the purpose intended in the usage of such Personal Data. In such case, we shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the entrustee to ensure the secure control of the entrusted Personal Data;
- 5.When sharing Personal Data with our group companies, sales agents, or other companies, and where the joint use of said Personal Data is necessary to achieve the purpose intended in the usage of such Personal Data. In such case, we will assume responsibility for managing the Personal Data; and
- 6.When another entity succeeds to our business due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business, or otherwise.
(5) Response to Requests Relating to Personal Data
We will respond promptly and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations to requests relating to Personal Data, including requests for the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, cessation of use, or purge of Personal Data.
(7) Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- MEIDENSHA CORPORATION General Affairs & Public Relations Department
- Telephone: 03-6420-8400
- *Business hours are from 9AM to 5PM on the Company's business days (excluding 12PM to 1PM for telephone calls).
2. Personal Data Regarding our Website Users
(1) Acquisition of Personal Data
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Date and time of the request
- Page from which the file was requested
- Access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- web browser and operating system used
- complete IP address of the requesting computer
- transferred data volume
These data will not be merged with other data sources. Processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) EU GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website.
For reasons of technical security, in particular to prevent attempts to attack our web server, we store these data briefly. It is not possible for us to draw conclusions about individual persons on the basis of these data. After seven days at the latest, these data are made anonymous at domain level by shortening the IP address so that it is no longer possible to establish a reference to the individual user. In addition, these data are processed anonymously for statistical purposes; these are not compared with other data or passed on to third parties, even in extracts.
(2) Utilization of Personal Data
Personal Data offered by you will be utilized by us within the scope of the stated purpose of the utilization with which you have agreed. If we want to utilize your Personal Data beyond this scope, we will give prior notice to you of the purpose and scope of the proposed utilization, and by doing so will be deemed to have obtained your consent.
(3) Utilization of Cookie
(4) Utilization of Google Tag Manager
(5) Utilization of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as "Google", on our website. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.
The information generated by these cookies, such as the time, place and frequency of your website visit including your IP address, is transmitted to Google in the USA and stored there.
We use Google Analytics with the addition "_gat._anonymizeIp" on our website. In this case, your IP address will already be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and thus made anonymous.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google.
If you visit our site via a mobile device (smartphone or tablet), you must click this link instead to prevent Google Analytics from tracking you within this site in the future. This is also possible as an alternative to the browser add-on above. Clicking the link will set an opt-out cookie in your browser that is only valid for that browser and that domain. If you delete the cookies in this browser, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted so that you must click the link again.
If you have consented to your web and app browsing history being linked to your Google Account by Google and information from your Google Account being used to personalize advertisements, Google will use your information in conjunction with Google Analytics data to create cross-device remarketing audience lists. Google Analytics first collects on our website your Google-authenticated ID, which is associated with your Google Account (i.e., personal information). Google Analytics will then temporarily associate your ID with your Google Analytics data in order to optimize our target audiences.
If you don't agree, you can turn it off by making the appropriate settings in the My Account section of your Google Account.
(6) Safety Measures Protecting Personal Data
We have taken technical and administrative security precautions to protect your personal data against loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All our employees as well as service providers working for us are obliged to comply with the applicable data protection laws.
Whenever we collect and process personal data, it is encrypted before it is transmitted. This means that your data cannot be misused by third parties. Our security precautions are subject to a continuous improvement process and our data protection declarations are constantly revised. Please make sure that you have the latest version.
(7) Observance of Laws, Ordinances and Other Rules
In regard to the Personal Data provided by you through this web site, we will comply with the relevant laws and ordinances, as well as other rules that are applicable in Japan. We will, as appropriate, modify its approach to the protection of Personal Data as changes to the relevant laws, ordinances, and social norms occur.
(8) Your rights
You have the right at any time to information, correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of your stored data, a right of objection to the processing as well as a right to data transfer and a right of complaint in accordance with the requirements of data protection law.
Right to information:
You can request information from us as to whether and to what extent we process your data.
Right to correction:
If we process your data that is incomplete or incorrect, you can demand that we correct or complete it at any time.
Right to deletion:
You can demand that we delete your data if we process it unlawfully or if the processing disproportionately interferes with your legitimate protection interests. Please note that there may be reasons that prevent an immediate deletion, e.g. in the case of legally regulated storage obligations.
Irrespective of the exercise of your right to deletion, we will delete your data immediately and completely, insofar as there is no legal or statutory obligation to retain data in this respect.
Right to limit the processing:
You can ask us to restrict the processing of your data if
- you dispute the accuracy of the data for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the data.
- the processing of the data is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and instead demand a restriction on the use of the data,
- we no longer need the data for the intended purpose, but you still need this data to assert or defend legal claims, or
- you have objected to the processing of the data.
Right to data transferability:
You may request that we provide you with the information you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and that you may provide that information to another responsible person without our interference, provided that
- we process this data on the basis of an agreement given and revocable by you or for the fulfilment of a contract between us, and
- this processing is carried out using automated procedures.
If technically feasible, you may request us to transfer your data directly to another responsible party.
Right of objection:
If we process your data out of legitimate interest, you may object to this data processing at any time; this would also apply to profiling based on these provisions. We will then no longer process your data unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh your interests, rights and liberties or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or protection of legal claims. You can object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing at any time without giving reasons.
Right of complaint:
If you are of the opinion that we infringe local government or European data protection regulations in processing your data, please contact us in order to clarify any questions you may have. You also have the right to contact the supervisory authority responsible for you, the respective state office for data protection supervision.
If you wish to assert any of the above rights against us, please contact us. In case of doubt, we can request additional information to confirm your identity.
(9) Personal data of the linked pages
Our website is linked to various other websites which refer to the cooperation with the customer service organisations of the company, the providers and others. However, we hereby declare that we are not responsible for the processing of personal data by such websites maintained by third parties, including the associated websites.