News Releases 2018Meiden installed automotive testing systems for EVs and eco-friendly vehicles based on WLTP at JARI Tsukuba Research Facility
Merits of the systems1. Capable of reproducing environments with temperatures between minus 40℃ and 50℃ and relative humidity of 30% to 90%.
2. Equipped with a test evaluation facility that incorporates a chassis dynamometer and exhaust gas analyzer based on the WLTP.
3. Equipped with a solar radiation device. (By reproducing solar light, the facility can evaluate if the car being tested is meeting regulations set by the U.S. Environment Protection Agency and if its air conditioner is performing properly.)
4. Equipped with a high-speed charger for EVs.
5. Capable of generating winds of up to 160 kilometers per hour with a fan. (Its wind outlet is one meter wide and 0.7 meters high.)
6. Equipped with a soak room (anterior chamber) keeping the inside temperature between minus 20℃ and 30℃.
Meiden and Meiden Plant Systems will continue to research and develop technologies for evaluation tests for three growing areas ¬– the WLTP of passenger cars; comprehensive tests under various environments; and evaluation tests under various environments for EVs and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs). The companies will also conduct these evaluation tests at the request of their clients.
General Affairs & Public Relations Division